A List With 24 Kickstarter Update Ideas
A big part of running a successful Kickstarter project involves updates. Letting people know about the latest developments is more than just a way to keep your backers on Kickstarter informed. It’s also a tool you can use to your advantage.
At BoostYourCampaign, we often get the question on how many updates someone should post.
There is no magic frequency, but we do suggest that you post on a weekly basis.
Update ideas for a live Kickstarter campaign
1. Share the glory when your campaign reaches its goal.
2. Share significant changes to the campaign, especially when it involves goals and rewards.
3. A featured spot such as Project We Love, article or blog post.
4. Make your backers part of the campaign by highlighting specific comments, features or reviews.
5. Present your team members to your backers; let them know who they are and their role.
6. Artists and illustrators, go ahead and put your work on display.
7. Fashion entrepreneurs can make the most of the updates by posting photos of how collections are developing.
8. Don’t be modest and showcase awards or accolades you may have received.
9. Make the most of the final days of the campaign by posting a special update every day.
10. Inspire backers to spread the word and share your campaign with others.
11. Feedback from backers can be incredibly valuable for everyone involved, so ask them to provide comments on updates.
Below an update from the team at One Spark:
12. When you participate in live streams, events or AMAs, make sure your community knows about it.
13. Interviews are great, so use them to your advantage.
14. Use your community tab to highlight significant people or areas.
15. Make backers part of exclusive events.
16. Share informative how-to posts.
17. Reply to every comment and question.
18. Talk about other projects that interest you, other than your own.
19. Give backers a behind-the-scenes look at whatever you are working on.
20. If there is a demo, get backers to test it.
21. Remember to send out those happy holiday wishes.
22. Share your inspirations.
23. Always be transparent about everything involved with the campaign.
24. Share dates and locations of conventions and meetings you’ll be attending. Invite (potential) backers to join and meet you in person.
Get More Attention and Pledges for Your Kickstarter or Indiegogo Campaign.